FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the company a certified minority owned business (MBE)?
- Yes, the company was certified by the Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council (SCMSDC) in August of 2018. And certified member of USBLN (July 2018)
Is the company a member of the(Healthcare Supplier Diversity Alliance) HSDA?
How long has the company been in business?
- The company was established in mid-2014. It took almost 4 years to design, create, prototype, and submit patents for the final versions of the Thera-Glide™.
Does the company have any patents?
- Yes, owners were granted a Utility Patent in May of 2016; the company has five (5) approved Patents and three (3) additional patents filed and pending.
Has the company and Thera-Glide™ products been FDA approved?
Who manufactures Thera-Glide™?
- Thera-Glide™ is exclusive manufactured by The Cheshire Duo, LLC. dba S. K. Distributions USA, LLC. in Southern California.
Where are the products made?
Who owns the molds for the Thera-Glide™ products?
- The Cheshire Duo, LLC. dba S. K. Distributions USA, LLC.
How many units can the company currently produce in a month?
What is the company doing to ramp up production?
- The company is in the process of adding additional molds in the USA. The goal is to reach 100,000 to 250,000 units.
- The company is working with a manufacturer in China to increase production. This is a 4 to 6 week turnaround.
What are the sales year to date?
- The company started sales in mid-September. 4650 pieces were sold YTD.
Does the company have sales representatives?
- Yes, as of October 1, 2016 the company has five serving in California and Colorado. The company is also in disccussions with a large distributor and various GPO’s to give us additional ground support.
What groups are you selling to?
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Physical Therapists
- Home Health Care
- Recovering breast cancer survivors
- Recovering stroke victims
Who handles new business, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s) and Supplier Diversity?
- Contact Floyd Kaylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 714 624 0737.
Has the company approached or been approached by any GPO’s?
- Yes, Intalere, and Vizient. We have also had discussions with a few major Distributors.
Where do you see the GPO’s selling to?
- Healthcare Organizations such as hospitals, nursing homes, academic medical centers, and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs). Direct to Hospitals.
Any opportunities outside healthcare?
- Sports leagues (i.e. NCAA, MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.) and retailers.
Is the company doing business outside the United States?
What is the company doing to market the product?
- Social Media Blitz and Contests
- On-Line Medical / Physical Therapy Magazines
- Print Magazines
- Mass Mailing of the Company Brochure
- On-Line Instruction videos
- Door-to-Door Sales
- Asian Business Associations - ABA-LA
- Asian Business Association - ABA-OC
Does the company have any endorsements or testimonials?
- Dr. Roy Benedetti– Orthopedic Surgeon for Kaiser Permanente
- Mike Hairston– Hairston and Daley Physical Therapy
- Dr. Efrain Alvarado– Chiropractor and Fitness
- Greg Bell– former NFL running back
- Jamie Nelson– Former major league player and current Major League coach for the Tampa Bay Rays
- Carlos Palimino – WBC Welterweight Boxing Champion
- Jim Campanis Jr. – Former Major League Baseball player
- Jim Campanis Sr. – Former Major League player
- Tom Bazacas – Fitness Trainer
Where can I get instructions?